I am a female, so some of these might be feminine and I like dumb humor along with movies that were a book first….so, here are my top 10 in no particular order.
1. Gone With the Wind (Frankly Scarlett, I don’t….care what you think….this is an amazing movie. Will confess I never read the book, but the movie is pure greatness!)
2. Pretty Woman (I mean really, it’s truly the greatest movie ever-could watch it every single day)
3. Gone Girl (great book and awesome movie)
4. Harry Potter (wonderful books and movies)
5. Hunger Games (great read and I like the movies too!)
6. The Birbs (reminds me of high school, watched it often with a group of friends. Dumb movie, with a hilarious plot-if you haven’t seen it you should)
7. Toy Story (came out the year I graduated high school-one of the first computer animated movies and it was done well! Could watch this over and over)
8. Good Will Hunting (How do you like them apples?)
9. E.T. (E-L-L-I-O-T-T)
10. Mary Poppins (didn’t read the book, but the movie had to make the list!-What mom doesn’t want a bag that could hold a hat stand, a plant, a mirror, and a lamp?!)
Mary Poppins definitely made the list. She was beautiful, magical, authoritative, a wonderful singer, exciting, lively, and practically perfect in every way! When we think of someone who was perfect, we think of Jesus! Jesus wasn’t practically perfect in every way….He was perfect in every way. Jesus was disciplined and determined, He was loving, but also tough. He entered into a broken world full of sin and suffered for our sin, He bore our sins on the cross! He lived the perfect life, as an example and teacher to us, and then died to save us from this world.
In the Sermon on the Mount Jesus states, “Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” (Matthew 5:48) I believe the intent of this verse was to instruct us to love everyone and have faith in Jesus in striving to be perfect in our walk with Christ.
We must take up our cross daily, we must confess our sins daily and walk humbly obeying His commands. Yes, we will stumble, we will fall, but our reliance and faith in Jesus will help get us back up.