Who Are You Learning From?
Join Patrick, Justin, and Dustin for episode 5 of But Wait! There’s More. In this episode, we answer the question: Who Are You Learning From? We share our favorite books, podcasts, and people and how these influences shape us. We discuss the power of consuming media in general and the danger of listening to thought leaders who may not have a full-gospel lens.
In this episode:
- We give a shout out for Hooked on Phonics. It worked for us.
- Justin talks about using God’s truth to discern how we listen.
- Patrick shares how learning from others creates empathy.
- Dustin talks about the “Influence of Five.”
- Justin gives a preview for K-Groups coming soon!
Word and Table Podcast https://bit.ly/3DmsfQR
Crossway Podcast https://bit.ly/3Cg2q3G
Books by Malcolm Gladwell https://bit.ly/3CfU784
Prayer in the Night by Tish Harrison Warren https://amzn.to/3Fg7hDQ
The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr. https://amzn.to/3oFfHya
Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund https://amzn.to/3nkQwBr
Operation World by Jason Mandryk https://amzn.to/3oClO5Y
Before You Lose Yourself, sermon by Kevin Boyd https://bit.ly/3qF00ti
Questions? Email email@example.com
“I can’t allow a thought leader to be my pastor, to be my savior, or to be my source of wisdom. That has to come from Scripture.” —Dustin Chappell
Audio and Video Engineer: Chris Ablaza